IDC Analyst Report
Compliant data Management in Financial Services
“Data volumes are growing at an exponential rate. IDC forecasts that the global datasphere will grow to 163ZB by 2025. As a result, today’s lean and highly optimized IT departments realize they will not be able to manage the onslaught of data demands placed on their business without the help of more advanced tools.” – Steven D’Alfonso, Research Director at IDC
In this report IDC provides insight into the following areas of concern:
- What are the biggest challenges facing regulated industries with regard to long term data?
- Why can’t I just put everything in the cloud? Surely that means my data is safe and compliant.
- Is it safest to promote a “keep everything, delete nothing” process?
- How can businesses ensure that regulators can get to the data they need when they need it and provide evidence to regulators that the data hasn’t been tampered with?
- Would I need a big project team to focus on replacing and implementing new systems? I don’t have the budget to do this.
We manage the data lifecycle requirements of financial services organisations operating in data-intensive, highly regulated markets worldwide
IDC Analyst Connection
Why you need to get your data under management now ahead of the FinTech revolution
Steven D'Alfonso, Research Director, IDC Financial InsightsWatch video
06 Feb, 2019
Everybody needs a backstop (for their data…)
It seems that Brexit has overtaken the weather as the most popular topic of conversation these days on the islands of Britain and Ireland, and no topic…
05 Feb, 2019
Continuing your data quest; unlocking the cheat code for the next level
In the quest to take control of your data, it can (and should) feel like a never ending process. It’s not enough to archive your data, no…
21 Feb, 2019
5 Questions to answer when building your Cloud strategy
Recently, Gartner provided its view on the 5 questions to answer when building your cloud strategy. In response to this, we thought you would find it useful…